OPTiX Heavy Duty Clay Bar
OPTiX Heavy Duty Clay Bar
Clay bars are an essential item for the decontamination process. The purpose of a clay bar is to release as well as pickup embedded soil, dirt, iron, paint overspray and more from the paint not only leaving you with a smooth surface but a clean one at that to prepare for polishing, waxing and/or coating. The OPTiX Heavy Duty Clay Bar is the heaviest clay bar OPTiX has to offer and will be the brute force you need for highly contaminated paints.
What To Use It For:
- Remove embedded soils, dirt, ferrous metals, paint overspray, tree sap and more.
- Remove the rest of what lighter clay bars couldn't extract.
- Make the paint smooth.
- Preparing the surface for polishing, waxing and/or coating.
- Paint, wheels, metal, trims, plastic and more.
- Vinyl wraps or paint protection film.
Removing The Most Stubborn Contaminants
OPTiX Heavy Duty Clay Bars are designed to be the muscle of the clay bar group. It is recommended that when claying a car, you should start off with a lighter bar before determining whether you need to go heavier. When you do need it though, this clay bar will get to work immediately and provide great results, like a very smooth surface.
How Do You Know When You Need To Go Heavy?
There are multiple ways to determine whether you would need to go straight to a heavy duty clay bar. If the car is over 5 years old and hasn't been clayed before, most likely you will need to go heavy. If the car is a known daily-driver, a work vehicle and is on the road a lot and hasn't been clayed in a long time then go heavy. If lighter clay bars aren't doing the job go heavy; you will know when paint is too rough if it sounds like sandpaper.
Preparing The Paint
Clay bars are an important step when it comes to preparing the surface; through a process called decontamination. Decontamination can involve a few things, such as degreasing the entire car, spraying iron fallout removers on the paint and then clay barring. The process helps remove any contaminants in the paint, making it extra smooth and ultimately preparing a good surface to work with ready for a polish, wax or coating.
How To Use It:
- Wash the vehicle you wish to work with a cleaner surface.
- Prepare a lubricant, a dedicated clay lube, shampoo, soap.
- Lubricate the surface you wish to work on.
- Simply scrub with the clay bar.
- Feel the roughness turn smooth.
Things To Note:
- Applicable Locations: Exterior
- Applicable Surfaces: Paint, wheels, metal, trims, plastic, vinyl, paint protection film and more.
- Product Form: Clay Block
- Product Type: Heavy Duty